Frequently Asked Questions About Online Gas Permits
Q: What steps do I need to take before being able to access Online Gas Permits through the Internet?
- Establish a draw down account with Inspection and Technical Services Manitoba.
- Complete the security
forms required to receive an ID and password.
- Mail the completed forms to the address listed on the form.
Q: How can I get more information?
For an information package, write, phone, fax or email your request:
Inspection and Technical Services Manitoba
Office of the Fire Commissioner
500 - 401 York Avenue
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3C 0P8
Attention: Online Gas Permits
Telephone: (204) 945-1359
Fax: (204) 948-2309
Q: Will I ever have to change my Gas Permits password?
- Yes. Your password will expire every 90 days. When it expires you will be automatically prompted to change it. Your new password must be different from the previous one.
Q: What should I do if I am experiencing technical difficulties?
- You should contact your network administrator first and describe the problem. If the network administrator is unable to assist you, then contact the appropriate helpdesk number listed below:
Q: What else do I need to know?
- You must complete the online application fully.
- All fields marked with an asterisk are compulsory.
- The name and tag number of the licenced gas fitter must be entered exactly as indicated on the licence as granted by Inspection and Technical Services Manitoba.
- Clicking on the "Submit" button will automatically reduce your account balance by the fee amount.
- If you close your browser while you are still in session with the Online Gas Permits service, you will lose your connections and any unfinished or unprocessed work will be lost. It is important to complete your Online Gas Permits session first, then close your browser.