Business Services Guide Home
Companies Office Name Reservation
Online Gas Permits
To view PDF files, click here to download Acrobat Reader:
Updated Logon and Download Instructions
Note: You will need to turn off any pop-up blockers in use or configure your
pop-up blocker to allow pop-ups from the Manitoba Online™ website (direct.gov.mb.ca). This
is required only during this upgrade process.
- From the Manitoba Online™ main page, click on "Manitoba Online™ Logon" located on the image near the centre of your screen. You can also select "Manitoba Online™" on the top black navigation bar of this page.
- An application introduction page will appear. Select the "Logon" image
on the left hand navigation bar.
- A logon panel will appear. Enter your Business Services User ID and password and
click on the "Logon" button.
- Depending on your security setup you may see additional drop-down boxes asking if
you wish to proceed. Answer "Yes", "OK" or "Grant" as applicable.
- To confirm you are logged on, look at the upper left hand side of the screen where
you will see your user name posted.
- To begin the software download, click on "Manitoba Online™" located on the left side
of the screen.
- "Access Manitoba Online" will drop down under Manitoba Online.
- Click on "Access Manitoba Online" to initiate the HOD download process.
- At this time, the following message will be displayed: "Please wait. Host On-Demand
is detecting the level of Java support on your system."
- If Java was properly detected, proceed to step 12.
- If no Java support is found, you may either go to this site (http://java.com/en/index.jsp) to
download the latest version of Java from Sun or follow the prompts provided by the
browser (if provided) to download a version of Java.
- A security warning window will then pop up asking, "Do you want to install and run
IBM Host On-Demand 8.0 Client? " Choose to always trust content from International
Business Machines and click on the "Yes" button at the bottom of the window.
- Alternatively, a Java Security window may request additional privileges. Choose Grant.
Depending on your security setup additional security pop-up boxes may appear. Answer "Yes",
"OK" or "Grant" as applicable to continue.
- Another window will pop up saying, "The cached client will now be installed. Do not
browse to a different HTML page until install completes." Click the "OK" button.
- The HOD client software download has been initiated. Please wait for the entire download
process to finish. Dial-up connections may take up to 15 minutes to complete depending
on modem speed.
- When the download is complete a window will pop up saying, "Cached client installation
complete. Restart your browser before using the cached client."
- Close the browser if instructed to do so and start it up again.
- Logon as instructed above.
- Click on "Access Manitoba Online."
- One or more security warning windows may pop up again. Click "Yes" or "Grant"
as applicable to continue.
- The IBM WebSphere Host On-Demand header will appear along with a computer icon showing
3270 and Manitoba online beside it. Again, depending on your security setup additional
security pop-up boxes may appear. Answer "Yes", "OK" or "Grant" as applicable to continue.
- A new browser window will open saying, "Welcome to Manitoba Online TN3270 Gateway." Enter
your Business Services user ID and password.
- Once logged into the Gateway successfully, another screen will prompt you to enter
your RACF user ID and password. Successful logon to Manitoba Online™ should now have