Companies Office Name Reservation
The Companies Office registers information about corporations
and business names. You can search the Registry to obtain information
on, for example, who is doing business under a trade name, where
the business is located, who are its partners or directors.
When you want to incorporate or register a trade name, the proposed
name is compared to existing ones already on record. If there
does not appear to be a conflict, Companies Office will incorporate
the company or register the new business name.
You can now file your Name Reservation online by selecting the Online
Name Reservation link.
Companies Office System:
The Companies Office System will help you:
- Determine whether a name is already in use, or reserved for
- Determine whether a corporation is in default of filing any
of its Annual Returns, or whether it has been sent a notice
of possible dissolution for such default;
- Access listings of the directors and/or proprietors of a
- Determine the Registered Office and the Attorney-for-Service.
- Determine the status of a company - e.g. whether it is active
- Identify the age of a company.
- Determine previous names under which the company was registered.
The Companies Office System contains information provided by
companies under The
Corporations Act, and the The
Business Names Registration Act.
Manitoba Online provides subscribers with immediate access
to provincial government databases. The services offer an alternative
to in-person visits to government offices and is particularly
valuable to those who access government databases daily to perform
legal transactions. Users are required to update registration
information to become an authorized user of both Manitoba Online
and Business Services --request
an information package. (PDF document - 133kb)
1010 - 405 Broadway
Winnipeg MB R3C 3L6
Phone: (204) 945-2500
Toll-free: 1-888-246-8353 (in Manitoba)
Fax: (204) 945-1459